Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shorty Awards!


Posing with my Shorty Award.


A few days ago I had the honor of receiving a Shorty Award in the Music category. The Shorty Awards recognize those individuals who have expert-level mastery (or just plain obsessive use) of Twitter. The prize included a free trip to NYC and a chance to mix n' mingle with other Twitter savvy folks. CNN's Rick Sanchez hosted the event, and MC Hammer presented some of the awards (including mine) alongside Rick. I had a great time and met a lot of really cool people, many of whom I hope to stay in touch with. Highlights of the trip include getting a personal tour of the Marvel Comics Headquarters (thanks, Agent M!!), hanging out with my oldest and dearest friend Greg and his wife Laura (Thanks again for putting me up), and of course hanging out with MC Hammer. More can be read about this event here, here, here, and here. (and also here)
Thanks to Kelly and Daniela for the pictures!


Hammer and Hunter - U Can't Touch This!


I tapped the mic to prove once and for all that the feedback you ALWAYS hear in movies when people step up to the podium doesn't really happen! It's a fallacy!


Two dapper lads: Greg Martin (my BFF of nearly 30 years) and myself.


Charles Trippy and myself. He won the Shorty for Humor.


Accepting my Shorty.


CNN's Rick Sanchez and myself.


Hammer and Rick Sanchez laugh at my jokes (or at my expense!)


Hammer apologizing for joking at my expense. Don't worry, Hammer. It's all good.


Look! My first Shorty! (the gentleman behind me is obviously jealous)

Like I said in my acceptance speech: "Thanks 2 everyone who nominated/voted for me; my friends, fans & followers; readers of tranquilmammoth.com; & especially all the @AFI fans." Follow me on twitter and maybe next year YOU'LL be meeting MC Hammer!

42 comments:

ymk said...

Congratulations!

sarah jane said...

Congratulations, Hunter! You looked rather dashing! =]

Pinkii said...

Congratulations!!
Love the bow tie.

Cecilia said...

Yey! My friend and I watched the live stream and giggled like school girls. It was very exciting.

Those are some wonderful photos.

Anonymous said...

aww... congrats Hunter! those pics are brilliant, especially the last one!

love the bow-tie by the way, most dashing! :)

impure0purest said...

Um, damn Hunter, you look wicked sexy in those pictures.....
like, yeah.
Tres Dashing.
And, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
<3

sadclowndisease said...

Awesome! LOVE the tie.

<3
Roy

kris said...

Is Rick Sanchez as big of a tool as he seems?

When you came on I was like "He actually wore a bow tie!" Nice!

Congrats Hunter!

J_yellow said...

Congrats Hunter! I love the bow tie, nice touch!

Karlye said...

Yeah! I watched the live stream when it was on. It looks like you had a pretty swell time! You looked pretty snazzy in your bow tie.

And I thought that your short speech was really sweet. :)

ChristyVegasDF said...

Congratulations Hunter!
my my, you're looking quite handsome in those photos. ^-^
Looks like you had a great time.
<3

Katie said...

Haha that dude was hecka scowling at your much deserved award. Congratulations again Hunter! XD

Anonymous said...

thanks for using my photo! you can find the rest of my photos from the event here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mediapost/sets/72157613690465641/

as well as coverage here: [login required] http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=100227

Cherol said...

Congrats Hunter!

brenna! said...

Look at you go!

TLK KNS said...

Congrats Hunter!
You look smashing!
Looks like it was alot of fun.

Anonymous said...

You got to tour Marvel Comics??? O:

Anonymous said...

HAHA
awesome outfit hun

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! Congratuliminations!

(:

Gillian said...

major congrats ^_^
the bow tie is BEAUTIFUL, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Thanks for posting them. Loved the bowtie. You classed up the event times 1 billion! Yes, dashing!
And congrats, again!

Michelle said...

Congrats Hunter! You totally deserved it, and I feel so much closer to you and your band through your constant Twitter updates!

Anonymous said...

You're looking awfully dapper there.

catherine said...

Congrats :)

Hunter and Charles = win.

Jessus said...

That's damn awesome.
Congrats Mr. Burgan.

It's cool you have a friend of nearly 30 years, too.

Christy said...

Congratulations! I really, really love the expressions on your face in all of these pictures (or in any of the pictures you're ever in really. You're a funny guy, Hunter). Can you believe I still don't have Twitter?

lezah said...

You win! I love the green.

JoeMama said...

For some reason you remind me of the guy from the band "After The Fire". (coincidence? No that would be ATF, nevermind)

Anyway if you remember your 1983 as I remember mine, he is the dude that sings "Der Kommissar". For some reason that dude makes me think of you.

JA!

helen099 said...

what kind of joke could hammer possibly make at your expense?! you're obviously perfect!

Esmé Glass said...

Congratulations.

But I must admit, I feel kinda gypped. I mean, seriously, have you ever Tweeted about Pablo Neruda, bitch-slapping and Tyra Banks? Like, in the same 140 characters? No?

Where in tarnation is my gerdamn award?!?

xsweetcalamityx said...

Congrats!
Nice bow tie!

Anonymous said...

That has to be the coolest award I have never herd of! Congrats Hunter!

Glass Spider Webs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

my my hutner you look very handsome in a bow tie!!

jaqkvade said...

Congratulations, Hunter!

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats awsome! Congratulations Hunter! Like your bow tie! :D

Emme said...

very Dapper N spiffy lookN there HUNTER, N congrad to ur award n i <3 ur eyes. wow so blue

Amanda Nicole said...

I just discovered Twitter, thanks to you, and I fear it will become my latest obsession. If and when it does, I'll blame you entirely. I can't believe they have awards for that. Classic.

Keep on keeping me amused on that thing love xx

Angel of Fire said...

Way happy for you!!!

The Con said...

Congrats! Congrats! I was rooting for you!

havokisthecure said...

I am so silly..I never visit u here on ur blog..well CONGRATULATIONS Mr bURGAN ;) HEHE i AM PROD OF BEING A FAN OF SOMEONE LIKE U! and the guys of course :)

c. said...

nice bow tie.